Some people say that the feeling of "oh shit, can I really pull this off" is a demon that plagues us until the finish line. I like to look at it in a different way.
Doing a half marathon is way easier than warding off dementors because you DO you know it was you! I have pictorial evidence. See, you HAVE run 13.1 miles before!!

(Those hands waiving in the air are undoubtedly shooing away dementors)
Hey, sometimes you just need to call on the Deus. Deus Ex Machina, that is. Speaking of, I'm rereading Deathly Hallows, it's the only one I haven't read more than once, and I've got to be prepared for the summer. Tomorrow, I begin the journey of a thousand steps with my first one. BTW, my sister is buying me new shoes for my birthday. I still have those said same shoes in that photo above. Perhaps I shall bronze them.
ReplyDelete