Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Post 4: More musings on motivation

Hea,

Firstly, it is so good to be home after a weekend in Montreal. The visit was very nice, Francis’s sister got married! But GTA traffic is enough to deter even the most resolute traveler. Can I express my hatred for the 401? I wonder how I/we used to do this…every 4-6 weeks! The heart is a strong motivator, making us go to places where our brains hesitate. So maybe it is not my mind I should rely upon for motivation, but my heart.

Last week was great-three runs in three days and I was not unmotivated at all. So I’m trying to get back to that place, mentally and heart-ily, because I’m running tonight for the first time in 4 days. (yes, boss, I am focused on work) What is my heart’s motivation? Feeling free, having nothing but my music and the rhythm of the run. Enjoying little quirks of the road-from a sprouting tulip leaf to seeing an old couple walking hand in hand. Getting outside and having some “me” time.

What is your motivation?

I am, of course, ignoring the pernicious effects of hormones and physical health on motivation. It is powerful, but we are stronger.

(Oddly enough, my aunt loves to run but she's a real couch potato just before her visit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment