Hea,
One would think, after years of indoctrination of how to keep us focused (and moderately distracted from the misery of corporate life), we'd be pros at setting goals. I'm still trying to figure out what a SMART goal is? Swarmy Moderately-Anal Retentive Tirades? Uh, not so much.
Running goals are more fun because we can actually meet them. And I promise that I won't make us write our own year-end performance review (we are all superstars!).
We have one super goal: To run a fall half-marathon. But, the mechanism of how we get there will be supported with small bite-size (nay, dust bunnies size) goals. Think of it as sneaking up on the summit using switchbacks instead of tackling the largest cliff. When we do reach our super goal, it's going to be like "oh, wow that was easy" because we've planned for it both mentally and physically.
I know this is late for March, but lets set up our monthly goals at the start of the month on this blog! So,what is your goal for March?Are they set up in your head? Are they somewhere physical that you can see it every day?
My goal for March is to get into the habit of running 4 days a week. It's in my head, but I try to ignore it especially when I'm tired or feeling overwhelmed (which is every stinking day). My running calendar on the fridge, and Buckeye Outdoors, helps me to stay motivated. And, knowing that I'll once again run with you is motivating because I don't want to let you down.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment