I've been reading a column in McSweeney's called "Bitchslap". I think you'll really enjoy the articles.
One article, "Ghost Stories", is my favorite because it reminds me of all the ghosts I face when I put on my running shoes. Will I get attacked? Will I hurt myself? Will that stupid car driver hit me? Will I stop when I smell potstickers cooking?
Since I fell out of the running habit in July (100F weather will do that), I have been trying to get back in. Because what is even scarier is facing the ghosts when I do not run. They arise in the form of butt dimples, feeling winded while climbing stairs, or seeing a rise in blood pressure, BMI and cholesterol.
Yes, I did said "butt dimples".
I'd like to say thank you for being a running buddy, for helping me to face down my ghosts and tell them "bite me". I'm starting back running today, after a week-long hiatus (stupid conference).
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment